Food Contact Material Testing
Sensory and Migration Testing for Packaging and Products
Manufacturers, importers, and traders must ensure that food contact materials (FCM) such as plastic storage containers, household appliances, or films do not release harmful substances into the food or affect its taste and odor. DEKRA supports you with tests and analyses for initial sampling, incoming goods inspections, quality assurance, and as data for your compliance declaration.
Do you have questions about testing food contact materials? Get in contact with our experts!
Strict regulations of the food law
Food safety in Germany is governed by the Food and Feed Code (LFGB), which, like the Food Contact Materials Regulation (BedGgstV), places high demands on the marketability and health safety of household items in contact with food.
Neutral confirmation through comprehensive testing
As a neutral and independent laboratory service provider, we offer you a wide range of chemical testing and analysis services for your products and materials in contact with food. We support you in test plan development and provide tailored training.
- Plastic products and film products
- Small and large household electrical appliances
- Coffee machines for household and commercial use
- Metallic items according to CM/Res (2013)9
- Glassware, ceramics, and wood products
- Packaging materials
- Industrial components for food processing
- Single-use plastic alternative products (Art. 5, Directive EU 2019/904)
DEKRA - Your Partner for Food Grade Testing
- Interdisciplinary testing spectrum for chemical safety and material quality
- DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratories of DEKRA Automobil GmbH in Germany, located in Bretten, Halle, Saarbrucken, and Stuttgart
- Global DEKRA laboratory network offering a multitude of testing options