Crash Tests for Accident Reconstruction
Whether caused by human error or technical malfunction, car accidents are a continuous source of disputed insurance claims. DEKRA experts conduct comprehensive analysis in a state-of-the-art crash test center recreating accident scenarios to provide critical evidence determining cause, guilt and identifying extenuating circumstances.
About Accident Reconstruction
Since the formation of our accident research center in 1978, DEKRA has been a global pioneer in accident research. Through reconstruction of accidents on the site of the DEKRA Crash Test Center in Neumünster, our experts are able to find out how accidents happened, how specific damage occurred and discover more about the events that triggered an accident. DEKRA’s accident reconstruction tests and services include: car-to-car impact (T-bone), car-to-car impact in oncoming traffic and all technically feasible car crashes tailored to our customer demands.
Our experts provide legal certainty through detailed analytical reports on accident, damage and traffic processes, which may contain some or all of the following services:
- Securing of accident traces
- Evaluation of accident data stores
- Evaluation of accident photos according to the method of photogrammetry (image measurement)
- Accident sketches by photo evaluation
- Computer-assisted phasing analysis
- Computer-assisted collision analysis
- Calculation of accident avoidance
- Clarification of seating positions
- Crash tests and their evaluation
- Report on traffic monitoring
- Vehicle technical appraisals post-accident or traffic control
In our post-accident or traffic control appraisals, any possible technical deficiencies on vehicles following an accident or traffic control are commented on. In many cases, the cause of the accident or the detectability of a defect are also analyzed. It is also clarified who bears the responsibility for a defect or structural change. Based on tracks on the road and on vehicles, the position of the vehicle as well as deformations, our experts determine the starting position, speeds and direction of movement of the vehicles and accident participants. Depending on our customer’s requirements, we take up position and investigate the conditions in which the accident would have been avoidable for those involved.