About Non-Periodical Inspections
With our comprehensive know-how and many years of practical experience, DEKRA is fully approved to offer support in initial and non-periodical inspections of elevators, escalators and moving walks, including all types of lifts (in accordance with the Lift Directive and Machinery Directive) that are permanently connected to buildings, other structures such as a windmills or are used temporarily for passenger and material transport on construction sites.
DEKRA offers inspection services for the following elevator types in scope defined by the European Lift Directive (also if installed before 1997):
- Elevators for passengers
- Load lifts for persons and goods
- Car or truck lifts with a speed of more than 0.15 m/s
DEKRA offers inspection services for the following stationary lifts in scope defined by the European Machinery Directive:
- Slow passenger lifts (maximum speed of 0,15 m/s)
- Lifts for people with special needs to connect different floor levels
- Load lifts with passengers with slow hydraulic drive or scissor lifting
- Car lifts with slow hydraulic drive or scissor lifting
- Lifts in windmills
- Construction lifts with passenger transport as for mast climbing platforms
- Facade elevators and platforms with lifting function under glass roofs
- Good lifts
- Garbage container lifts & under floor lifts
DEKRA also offers inspection services for old elevator systems such as paternosters (not allowed for new installations and initial inspection).
For elevators, escalators and moving walks, DEKRA’s non-periodical inspection includes the following individual services:
- First Inspection, including a design review for lifts according to the Machinery Directive
- First Inspection according to national legislation after installation and putting the lift into service according to the Lift Directive
- Inspection after accidents or damages following national regulations or for insurances
- Inspection after a safety related modification, including a design review for lifts according to the Machinery Directive
DEKRA is an approved body for periodical inspection of elevators in Germany, Sweden and France.
For some types of lifts in some countries the inspection can also be done by a competent expert that is not associated with an approved body. In Germany that are all mobile lifts, good lifts and stationary lifts in accordance with the European Machine Directive and such lifts with a risk of falling that does not exceed three meters such as escalators and moving walks.
Within our machinery and equipment inspection services, DEKRA also offers inspections for mobile working platforms, storage or retrieval systems including lifting of persons as well as inspections on temporary devices for lifting people and lifts in cranes.