About 2nd Party Inspections
With our comprehensive know-how and many years of practical experience, DEKRA’s machinery and industrial lifting experts are fully accredited to offer support 2nd or 3rd party inspections of most machines and mechanical equipment. In addition to meeting the required national regulations, DEKRA provides services to those customers that require inspection and documents to a very specific high standard. For new machinery, our customers benefit from the experience and competence of DEKRA’s experts and their internal DEKRA networks. DEKRA also supports you in questions of planning and production such as independent plant inspections or validations on different production sites (e.g. compliance with dimensions, production methods or surface design).
Our teams have decades of documented experience in inspecting machinery and equipment and of industrial lifting equipment. Therefore, we offer a wide range of inspection services as 2nd party, including:
- Design review in an early stage of planning
- State assessment according to technical standards for the type of equipment also considering insurance institution’s guidelines
- Risk Analysis in accordance with Machinery Directive and EN/ISO Standards
- Customer specific checks, specified by manufacturer or operator including non-destructive testing of parts to identify wear and failures and destructive testing for relevant parts of new machinery or for relevant spare parts
- Damage analysis for insurances or forwarding agencies (including containers). Investigation can include material testing delivered from one hand.
- Hazard assessment for technical and work safety
- Design review or partial design service
- Assisting on technical documents, manuals, instructions
- Expediting type tests
- Shop inspections for machinery & equipment, parts, materials, railway vehicles