Explosion Protection Services
Testing of Products Designed for Use in Dangerous or Potentially Explosive Environments
Customers for DEKRA’s explosion protection services are usually manufacturers of any equipment, components or protective systems used in potentially explosive atmospheres.
About Explosion Protection Services
- Equipment, components and protective systems used in hazardous areas
- Valves and their operating gears
- Screw conveyors
- Rotary feeders
- Conveyor plants
- Hydraulic systems
- Pneumatic systems
- Lifting devices
- Stirring units
- Measurement equipment
- Testing and certification of all types of protection according to ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU
- Certification of quality management systems according to Directive 2014/34/EU
- Testing and certification within the IECEx scheme
- Certification of quality management systems according to IECEx scheme
- Testing and certification according to Brazilian technical regulations for INMETRO
- Certification of quality management systems according to Brazilian regulations for INMETRO
- Testing of functional safety of electrical safety devices
- Assessment and testing of electrical safety and explosion safety for North American hazardous classified areas
- ATEX Directive (2014/34/EU)
- IECEx Certification Body
- EN IEC 60079 (0 – 37)
- IECEx01, 02 and 04 (equipment)
- IECEx03 (facility inspection)
- IECEx05 (personnel)
- FM Approvals
- TIIS (Technology Institution of Industrial Safety)
- KCs (Korean Certificate Safety)
- Registered Certification Body Ex products in Japan (JPEx)
DEKRA is able to test explosion protected electrical devices for all types of protection. From flame-proof enclosures through intrinsic safety; we performs all tests according to EN IEC 60079.
Do you prefer to work with just one point of contact? We have that covered for you: enjoy the comfort and convenience of a single source for your ATEX, EAC, IECEx and INMETRO audits.
Did you know that DEKRA holds the self-proclaimed ‘world record’ for IECEx certificates? We have issued one of the highest numbers of trustworthy and valid IECEx certificates anywhere in the world.
Our large portfolio enables us to combine explosion safety testing with other services, such as electrical and functional safety, cybersecurity, EMC, etc.