Technical Advisory on Elevators, Escalators and Moving Walks
Offering Technical Advice on Elevators, Escalators and Moving Walks in Residential, Commercial and Public Buildings as well as in Industrial Facilities
DEKRA has world class expertise in providing customers with comprehensive support covering all aspects of lift safety and compliance. We can advise your team during the planning, installation and operation of your lifts, escalators and moving walks.
About Technical Advisory on Elevators and Escalators
The extensive knowledge and experience about passenger lifts, escalators, moving walks and industrial lifting equipment inspection processes of our DEKRA experts, makes DEKRA a professional and trusted advisor in this field. DEKRA specialists provide you with comprehensive technical advisory during planning, installation or operation. Some Advisory is not given by the members of inspection bodies, therefor DEKRA offers the expertise of specialized engineering companies.
Our customers benefit from the experience and competence of DEKRA’s lift inspection experts and DEKRA engineers for their own projects and solutions. They are fully informed about potential challenges that the project my face in future inspections or with the foreseen use of any equipment.
Technical advisory during planning of elevators, escalators and moving walks
Architects and planners are profiting of the following advisory services for elevators, escalators and moving walks in accordance with relevant European directives and standards:
- On site consultation
- Advisory for and review of building plans (necessary space) for a safe operation and maintenance
- Review of building plans for special building solutions (i.e. fire fighter lifts and safety ventilation) and interconnected interfaces
- Review of drawings
- Transport performance analysis
- Advisory for fulfilling standards, directives or national legislations
- Advisory for technical standards with a special solution or situation on site including advisory for hazard assessment
- User manuals
Advisory does not cover the detailed technical design or final choice of components.
Technical advisory during installation of elevators, escalators and moving walks
Builder and Manufacturer are profiting of the following advisory services for elevators, escalators and moving walks in accordance with European directives:
- Construction supervision
- Inspections in the early stage of installation
- On site consultation regarding interfaces to other building equipment
Technical advisory during operation of elevators, escalators and moving walks
Owners and facility managers as well as maintenance companies are profiting of the following advisory services for elevators, escalators and moving walks in accordance with the Machinery Directive:
- Advisory for fulfilling regulations for operations and periodical inspections
- Advisory after a state assessment
- Solutions for lift management
- Advisory for technical standards with a special solution or situation on site including advisory for hazard assessment by the owner or operator
- On site consultation
EU-type examination in accordance with the Lift Directive includes validation processes and consultations within the procedure. Advisory on the installation of lifts with EC-type examinations in accordance with the Machinery Directive can be done for planning of the building or building equipment around a slow passenger lift or escalator by lift experts separately prior to the installation.
Our lift inspection experts are familiar with all common inspection and conformity assessment services and can offer you further advice including:
- Education and trainings
- Technical consultancy for workflows and processes
- Remote online monitoring of your equipment