Leadership Diagnostic Instrument (LDI) Survey
Reliable assessment tool for leadership and safety culture
Strong leaders are critical to promoting reliability and sustaining safety performance, yet few organizations fully leverage their leadership teams’ abilities. The Leadership Diagnostic Instrument (LDI) is a tool for understanding and developing leadership performance.
- A leadership team operating at their full potential
- Improved performance in terms of safety, quality and reliability
- Strengthened trust both within the company and with customers and business partners
- Administration - The LDI uses a 360° methodology to assess a leader against leadership best practices (what connects the leader to culture) and leadership style (how they connect). Seven best practices and four transformational leadership style characteristics linked to climate, culture and safety outcomes are taken into account. This assessment may include direct reports, interviews with peers, managers, team members and others selected by the leader and the coach. Assessment findings and recommendations are compiled in an Individual leadership profile.
- Results - The results allow individuals to understand their own performance more fully. For each leadership style element and best practice, the leader receives a percentile score that indicates how he or she compares to their own team and to others in the norms database of thousands of leaders from more than 50 countries. For each individual question, the leader receives the average score for each respondent group (direct report, peer, manager, and self) as well as the distribution of responses for each group. The distribution of responses, or response frequency, provides valuable insight into how consistently the leader’s style and practices are received by those with whom he or she works.
- Application - The LDI’s individual leadership profile offers the ideal starting point for a leadership coaching and development plan. It identifies specific practices and other actionable items that a leader can address to enhance his or her influence on organizational safety and reliability. The LDI can also be re administered after the completion of a performance plan to help measure progress.
- We are experienced experts with comprehensive know-how and many years in the field.
- We have an international network of specialists ready to support our clients.
- We specialize in improving leadership performance with our transformational approach.