Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
Using LOPA to examine risk levels of selected scenarios
Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) is a method used to evaluate high-consequence scenarios determining if the combination of probability of occurrence and severity of consequences meets a company’s risk tolerance.
- Rational, semi-quantitative risk-based answers to key questions
- Documentation of each decision and the decision-making process
- Understanding of process hazards and how to prevent them
- The analysis and control of risks in technical processes and plants
- We are specialists for process security with experience in implementing the LOPA methodology.
- We have carried out countless layers of protection analysis and gained valuable experience we share with our customers.
- We emphasize a global presence, providing services in a variety of languages and know the local regulations, standards and cultures.
- We have pooled our knowledge of process safety engineering and process safety data, giving us a unique expertise in the market.