Emergency Pressure Relief Systems
Failsafe emergency pressure relief solutions
A well-designed, properly operated emergency pressure relief system provides cost-effective, reliable protection to process industries at risk for overpressure situations, such as the chemical, pharmaceutical and related sectors.
- A suitable emergency pressure relief
- Comprehensive data for the entire emergency steering system
- In-house training on emergency pressure relief
- Identification of credible risk scenarios: we analyze each scenario, characterizing it and calculating the required relief area
- Reactive and non-reactive systems: some calculations and procedures vary depending on the type of system in play
- Data provision: data gathered describes the overall kinetics, thermochemistry and physical property characteristics under the relief conditions
- Disposal system design: for safety and environmental protection reasons, the discharge must be carefully considered to prevent a secondary incident
- Documentation: documenting hypotheses, scenario identification, process and experimental data , calculations and conclusions are necessary, as changes to the facilities will rely on this information to prevent re-calculation of existing devices, or designing new equipment with different criteria
- Inspection and maintenance: we use RBI and RBM principles to design maintenance and inspection programs
- We have a recognized expertise in conducting and planning emergency pressure relief system studies.
- We are the winners of the Institution of Chemical Engineers Safety and Environmental Award 2001 for our design of a pressure relief system that includes multiple vessels in a factory to manufacture a pyrophoric product.
- We advise you objectively and professionally based on technical principles and best practices.