Occupied Building Risk Assessment
Protect site employees from major process incidents
Occupied Building Risk Assessment (OBRA) is a tool used to demonstrate that people occupying buildings on process sites are adequately protected from hazards such as explosions, fires, chemical reaction fallout and toxic releases and that they can safely escape from those buildings.
- Reduction of hazards and risks to building occupants (explosions, fires and toxic releases)
- Definition of safety design and safety measures as well as identification of safe site areas
- Evaluation of the viability of different occupied building or process storage/plant options
- Meeting requirements of established guidance for occupied buildings
- We use our knowledge of process risks and their assessment to determine how OBRA can be most effectively applied to a site.
- We ensure consistency in developing and documenting the OBRA assessment.
- We draw from working within many process industries handling potentially dangerous, toxic and flammable materials.
- We assist at any stage in the process of assessing occupied buildings and review existing submissions to identify shortfalls.