Functional Safety Consulting
Functional safety, reliability and compliance for your Safety Instrumented System (SIS)
The most industrial processes today rely on functional safety, a framework of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), to prevent hazardous scenarios for people, environment and facilities. We deploy a range of tools to assess these overall functional safety of your Safety Instrumented System, using different methodologies to identify the hazards, determine the Safety Integrity Levels for your safety instrumented systems and to perform the SIL Verification as part of the SIS design.
- Experienced support for all the activities involved in the Safety Lifecycle: analysis, implementation and operation.
- A fail-safe functional safety system.
- Compliance with international standards IEC61511 and IEC61508.
- In-depth knowledge of your SIS and the functional safety management.
- The FSA team reviews the work carried out in all phases of the safety life cycle.
- Each FSA stage relies upon a different set of input documentation and assessment items to determine the acceptability of the SIS. FSA will be performed with detailed checklists or other support tools designed for the use of the assessor.
- The FSA is completed after all equipment is installed and the SIS operation is validated, but before the startup of the process equipment under protection. In addition, SIS functional defects found during the assessment must also be resolved, or adequately managed compensating measures put in place, prior to startup.
- The results of the FSA will be available in a report with the recommendations coming from the assessment.
- We are independent, third party functional safety experts.
- We have international experience helping companies comply with functional safety standards.
- We are specialists in functional safety consulting and your trusted advisors.