UN Transportation Testing
Accurate Classification of Dangerous Goods for Transport
In the interest of public safety, transportation regulations from the UN and the US Department of Transportation (DOT) require the classification of certain types of dangerous goods for transport. They also define appropriate tests and procedures to facilitate this classification.
- Knowledge, experience and first-rate testing facilities
- Commitment to creating a personable, friendly and open working environment
- GLP and ISO 9001 compliant testing laboratories
BAM fall hammer, BAM friction and Koenen tube test to measure ignition sensitivity
Time / pressure, UN gap test and fire analysis to measure explosion severity
Tests for chemical heat combustion, ignition distance, enclosed space ignition, mist flammability and more
Flash point, fire point and sustained combustion testing
- Division 4.1. (Self-reactive substances and highly-flammable solids):
Adiabatic storage test to determine the SADT, self-accelerating decomposition temperature
Burning rate test to determine the ability of a substance to propagate combustion
- Division 4.2 (Self-heating solids, pyrophoric solids and liquids):
Pyrophoricity test to determine the pyrophoricity of a substance
Self-heating test to determine the ability of a substance to undergo oxidative self-heating
- Division 4.3 (Substances evolving flammable gases when in contact with water):
Filter paper and conical tests to determine whether reaction with water produces dangerous gases which may be flammable
- We are keen to share our knowledge and empower our clients.
- We provide the full suite of tests for the transportation classification of dangerous goods prescribed by UN and DOT regulations.
- We have GLP and ISO 9001 compliant testing laboratories and are equipped to handle powders, liquids, gases and vapors, including those classified as toxic, highly active, controlled or found to be toxic.
- We support our customers, together with these facilities and with our expertise, in complying with the regulatory requirements for the transport of hazardous substances.