For Less Volume on our Roads
The causes of the vehicle noise volume produced are the rolling of the tires on the road, as well as the engine, the induction and exhaust tract, and the gearbox. The drive noises depend primarily on the speed of the engine; on the other hand, the noises of the tires on the road depend both on the quality of the tires and the road and on the speed of the motor vehicle.
At the DEKRA Technology Center in Klettwitz, we work continuously with state-of-the-art technology on determining noise sources and setting new standards for a quieter future. Here, the most important fields of work are:
- the external vehicle noise measurements as per ISO 362
- measurement of the rolling noise between the tires and the road surface (pursuant to ECE-R117)
- measurement of the internal noises and vibrations
- locating sound sources
- sound power level determinations (e.g. 2000/14/EC Outdoor Directive)
- time functions,
- frequency ranges,
- high-resolution order analyses,
- and psycho-acoustic analysis methods such as volume, roughness, sharpness, and fluctuation amplitude,
We are pleased that you are interested in our services for determining noise emissions. We will be happy to put together an individual offer for you.