ISO 45003 - Protecting mental health in the workplace
Providing guidance on mental health and safety at work
Psychosocial hazards in the workplace are increasingly recognized by organizations as a challenge to the health, safety and well-being of their employees. In addition to work organization and a healthy workplace, leadership behavior and a lack of social support processes are also influential stress factors. It is therefore all the more important that psychosocial risk management is effectively implemented at all levels of the organization. The new ISO 45003:2021 standard supports employers with practical instructions to identify and manage the psychosocial risks of their employees.
What is the ISO 45003?
ISO/FDIS 45003:2021-03 has been developed to provide guidance to help organizations prevent work-related injuries and illnesses among their employees and promote their well-being while on the job.
The standard is intended as part of an occupational health and safety management system in accordance with ISO 45001 and should therefore be used in combination.
Benefits of ISO 45003 for companies
By using the guide, you will achieve the following benefits for your company:
- Strengthening employee engagement
- Increasing productivity
- Increasing product and service quality
- Reducing the costs of employee absences
- Improving the company image among employees and the public
- More efficient recruiting through satisfied employees
- Reducing fluctuation costs
- Enhancing the CSR profile through a perceptible alignment with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
For whom is the guideline suitable?
The guideline is aimed at all organizations with an existing health and safety management system in accordance with ISO 45001, regardless of industry.
Do you want to learn more about ISO 45003 or how your organization can benefit from its implementation? Contact our experts!
DEKRA is your trusted and competent partner for assessment and certification according to recognized standards and regulations in line with your individual needs. Benefit from:
- Our status as a recognized certification body,
- An international network of experienced experts and
- Our comprehensive support anytime and anywhere in the world.