- If the license plates do not conform to the regulation or if they are in bad condition, missing or difficult to read, a fine may be issued during a police check. License plates must also be securely fitted and displayed in the correct place.
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- If the VIN information is incorrect (incomplete, missing a number or the number does not correspond with the registration papers) a vehicle different from the one that is indicated on the registration papers may have been purchased.
- An incorrect or damaged VIN may also lead to issues in the event of a recall campaign by a manufacturer.
General condition of a vehicle
- Engine failure may occur, in this scenario brake and emissions tests would be impossible to carry out or could lead to inaccurate results.
- If access is prohibited in the vehicle (for instance a trunk is too full or a door won’t open) or if the vehicle is excessively dirty, it would be impossible to check some mandatory components during the inspection.
- If the vehicle is overloaded or has been excessively modified, the inspection will not be authorized as test results would be unreliable.