DEKRA launches the first Pilot Program for the Delegated Act of RED Directive
As the world becomes increasingly connected, Cyber Security is becoming more and more important. In order to ensure a safe and secure online environment, the European Commission has established a number of new regulations for Cyber Security as the NIS2 Directive, the Cyber Resilience Act, the Digital Operational Resilience Act, and the RED Delegated Act. Since security is firmly anchored in our DNA, DEKRA is actively participating in the development of these regulations.
The main benefits that this Pilot Program presents are the following:
- Gap analysis will be performed between the product security provisions and the drafted requirements (based on the latest CEN/CENELEC JTC 13/WG 8 Working Draft).
- Testing strategy will be defined by focusing on the articles that apply to the manufacturer’s products.
- The evaluated product will comply with future RED Delegated Act requirements and the harmonized standards.
- The evaluated product will be evaluated by DEKRA following the requirements of the RED Delegated Act, and once DEKRA’s Notified Body is accredited and notified by national authority, the client may request for RED EU-Type Examination Certificate under RED Directive.
- All the necessary re-assessments are included until August 1st, 2024.
- This evaluation is the baseline for compliance with other standards and certification programs (like ETSI EN 303 645, IEC 62443-4-2 or NIST IR 8425).