IRIS Certification® (ISO/TS 22163)
Meet international quality standards with ISO/TS 22163 certification
Increasing specifications and complex assemblies in rail network traffic have prompted a number of additional requirements for business and quality management worldwide. As the successor to private-sector IRIS Certification®, the ISO/TS 22163 standard defines comprehensive requirements for organizations.
About IRIS Certification®
The IRIS Certification® scheme comprises of the ISO/TS 22163:2017 standard and the IRIS Certification® Conformity assessment:2020.
ISO/TS 22163 fully adopts the structure of the ISO 9001:2015 quality management standard and has been extended to include requirements specifically for the railway industry. The expanded standard applies to all companies in the rail vehicle industry, including suppliers of infrastructure technology. Final IRIS Certification®, however, no longer requires procedures, but rather processes - starting with the identification and monitoring of customer requirements via the management of development projects, the procurement of products and services to project management, and product realization.
Furthermore, risk-based thinking and action as well as process-oriented strategies are emphasized more clearly. Process orientation is supported by the requirement that key performance indicators (KPIs) must be regularly monitored and evaluated. In the event of deviations from defined target values, corrective measures must be initiated in order to achieve continuous process and organizational improvement.
- Product and service quality, customer satisfaction, and adherence to delivery dates are important KPIs to be considered.
- When determining your KPIs, set achievable goals, designate a responsible party to whom a KPI must be reported, and assign qualified staff to carry out corrective actions.
- The newly-featured regular process review can be used to derive further quality measures from KPIs that have actually been achieved.
Gain from our expertise
- Our experienced and independent experts provide optimal support for the IRIS Certification®.
- Partnering with us shows that quality throughout the railway industry is important to you.